Friday, March 23, 2012

Blog Beginnings



I needed a place to talk about what's going on in the classroom and log all those thoughts and ideas for keeping it creative, so here I am! 

I feel it's important for you to know where I'm coming from, so here for your reading pleasure is My Philosophy on Teaching:

With harmony established in the classroom, I strive to help each child reach his or her capacity for learning. I believe children learn best when they are totally immersed in learning, and they feel good about themselves, their class, and their school. The child should be inspired to develop all of their talents and abilities; their social, physical, mental, spiritual, and aesthetic qualities should be considered and cultivated.

I view each leaner as unique; therefore, the pace at which an individual learns and various learning styles need to be addressed in terms of what is taught and how it is taught. I believe in treating students and their ideas with respect. I want students to feel free to take risks and learn from mistakes, yet have pride and ownership for their actions and work products. Children should have the opportunity to show that they have acquired knowledge, skills, strategies and competencies – that they have learned - in a variety of ways through authentic assessment practices and multiple demonstrations of mastery.


Now SPRING BREAK is upon us and it's time to focus on that bucket list for the end of the year. My next post will begin there. Hope to see you soon!

Mrs. Simmons   
Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment