Friday, April 6, 2012

She's Crafty

I've been busy. It's an extension of the Bucket List.

Celebrate and Motivate

Making a sucker flower pot. 

I use this for reward/ motivation. At the moment, whenever a student scores a 100% on their AR test, they can pull a sucker from the arrangement. Use it however you please. 


I simply used a flower pot, 
foam ball that will fit into the top of the pot, 
and a big bag of suckers. 
Just place the foam ball into the flower pot and instert the suckers into it. Start at the bottom and work your way up.


The Crayon Wreath

I found this idea on Pinterest and followed the pin to http://momspartycafe.blogspot.com 
This wreath is currently hanging on my classroom door. I'll be doing more with this wreath and door decoration in next week's blog.

Birthday Balloon Wreath

This idea was also found on my new love, Pinterest. I created it this week in honor of my parent's birthdays. I plan to hang it on my classroom door each time we have a birthday in the class.

This below came from The Finer Things (click on the photo to go to their page.)Balloon Wreath
Simply use a foam wreath. Using pins, attach balloons of your choice. I added a birthday ribbon to mine, How would you personalize this wreath?


You Were "Mint" to Succeed

It's testing time, and the nerves are sometimes getting the best of us. Help keep your kiddos cool with this time tested method. A mint. Decorating a jar is a great way to give a little pep talk without saying a word, but feel free to tell them "you were mint to succeed".


Lucky Charms

The completed Charms of Luck bags. These went to my daughter's second grade classroom for the first day of testing, but I'm also making them for my third graders on our first day.
I've also prepared various other candies for the kids with stickers of encouragement. Hang in their guys, you'll do great!



Don't forget to treat em' right any chance you get. What they'll remember most is how you made them feel.
 
 These Bird's Nest Cookies were made with  one bag of Chow Mien noodles and one bag of butterscotch morsels. Melt butterscotch in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Mix in noodles. Scoop out into piles and shape. Place candied eggs in the center of your nest. Above I used malt balls, below chocolate candies. I added marshmallow Peeps to help the eggs "nest". 


Good luck Keeping Your Classroom Creative!
~ The Farmer's Wife

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with all of these...WOW!

    I am happy to be your first follower! I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete