Sunday, April 1, 2012

Attacking the Bucket List

Welcome Back from our Spring Break!

Step one on my bucket list (thanks to dots-n-spots) was to make these welcome back bags. I love them! I have to also say that I love the idea of welcoming the kids back from a short break. Remember that I said, " but the kids so give me their best right at the beginning of the year, so I'm going to try to dig back into that vibe again. Wish me luck!" Here it is - my welcome back bag with an Easter kick. Nothing is more motivating to to think you were missed and someone cares about you ~ and kiddos, I do. 



Step 2

a.) working on perfect attendance... hoping all are back at school tomorrow morning so we can earn our P for PERFECT. Just to help bait the hook, I've cooked up these yummy bird nest treats (thanks to my friend Becca who always makes Haystacks for our Christmas Cookie exchange, and a little something I saw on Pinterest) to feed my flock this Thursday.

d.) Hopping into High Gear - My students filled the marble reward jar, so I owe them, right. So, I bought a class pet. Not a real one, silly. I wouldn't be able to turn that off and testing time is NOT the right time for something that unpredictable. A FurReal  Hop 'n Cuddles Bunny.
FurReal Friends Hop 'n Cuddle Bunnies, Tan
One of my classroom rewards is time with the "class pet". I'm sure this little guy will be a big hit. Did I mention it has an OFF button?! AND NO CLEAN UP!
Other rewards for Hopping into High Gear are the reward Easter Eggs. Every egg has a prize. My bunny jar will remind students that they were "mint" to succeed. Here I'll  house my "calming" mints.





e.) Tomorrow we will be decorating our water bottle labels and I have the Hershey's Kisses ready for students to give their brains a kiss for all the hard work they've done and to have their brains ready to show what they know. 



 Now I'm still in the middle of preparing the Lucky Charms cereal in a baggie (idea from What's the Buzz in 1st ) to add some testing luck. I think it's such a great snack to eat during the test that I'm also making these for my daughter's second grade class as well!
Step 3 looks good. I'm still making my parent's "Thank You!"s, but I've started with my plan. Step 4 makes me happy and I'm excited about Monday. Step 5 is ready to go, and I swear it's making me a better person. I've been using this organizing idea  
 
at home and it's working SO WELL for the whole family. (Even my 4-year-old.)  and I'm going to post my classroom organizing calendar at 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th - English Language Arts, Math, Science - TeachersPayTeachers.com 
by weeks end adding this goal list to it. 
I will also then put the goal list itself as a freebie at the TpT store.

Wow this has been an exciting bucket list and I can't wait to share more with you!

Good luck with your back to school and finishing up your year's Bucket List!
The Farmer's Wife




No comments:

Post a Comment